Tuesday, May 21, 2019

said he was Christian


yesterday we found a 16 year old kid with a radio, He looked like he had nothing, and didn't seem like he was given everything He needed growing up. but He is one of the sweetest people I have ever met on my mission. He told us his mom was dead and that he lived with just his dad. we asked if we could meet with him AND his dad, and he said his dad was alcoholic, and was hindu, but when we asked him what he believed he said he was Christian. the faith and love he had for the Savior was amazing, for what his situation was. we gave him a tract, and continued on, later on during a contact he stood at the front of the house waiting for us, when we finished he gave us some fruit he had. I knew I had to give him something and so i gave him a book of Mormon. I explained alittle of what it was, and how we would talk to him about it more in our appointment. I could feel that his spirit was so hungry, and that the light of the gospel will bless him. I love this work, and I love this gospel. 
Hey Mom, thanks for sending the package!! I'm excited thank you!! It sounds like everyone is getting done with school and having their programs and things! j picture in his program was so cute. I heard he was doing a bunch of link poses from zelda. haha thats my boy! haha. tell a and b happy birthday for me! I hope they had a good time! b went to the mall for her birthday?? I just went to the mall for p-day, what did b buy?? It's so weird and cool seeing pictures of the house haha. i've heard it's been raining alot! i've learned to enjoy the rain when we get it, cause it's so darn hot! but now we are entering the long rain season, so maybe I'll get sick of it haha. I've actually started studying the come follow me too, I haven't read the quotes or anything, but I have read the scriptures! the story of the rich young ruler reminds me of the guy who wants to turn back to bury his dead. I've had that as one of the main themes of my mission, to not turn back. Christ and Heavenly Father don't look back at our past, they just look towards our future and we should do the same. We need to face the plow and keep goin. Thanks for everything again mom, I'm excited for the package! 
-Love Scott :)

No comments:

Post a Comment