Thursday, May 9, 2019

as a missionary you help others feel the spirit

Okay! well now I'm in a new area, with my new companion, Elder H! super awesome missionary, and knows his calling and why he is here. He came into suriname with me! so we are the same age mission wise, and He frigging loves to study which is awesome. He's very committed and super Christlike. Most people said it's kinda hard to leave your first area on your mission, but honestly, I love this new area, the community is super cool, and the apartment is way nice (alittle TOO nice ;)) I think because of the kind of missionary Elder H is, I've found so much more success. It's like everytime we contact, we find somebody cool. My goal is to be alot more like Elder H by the end of our companionship. Elder He and I taught a Gospel lesson in a baptism this friday. the old woman being baptized went to go into the font, and then before she stepped in she began praying, it was a few minutes of silence as we waited for her to enter the water, It was super spiritual. we sang the hymn "How great thou art" and as we all sang in dutch, I remembered my Mom teaching all of us the song, every morning we would sing and learn abit more of the song. It was pretty special for me, as a missionary you help others feel the spirit, and so you get used to feeling it alot, almost to the point that you can't notice it's there, but at that moment I could feel it so strongly. God's love is real, We don't just worship because we need a false hope, It's because it's real. God truly loves us. He does not intend mediocrity in his children. He wants us to have ALL that He has. and he does everything He can to give it to us. so much to a point that he sent His Son Jesus Christ to suffer and pay for it all. I love the Savior. I know that He Lives, and that He truly is Risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment