Monday, May 4, 2015

Lord is always inviting us

Well we have had another good week pass by. I feel like the Sacrament went really good this week even though the number of people was low. Some good things are happening, I am trying to invite more people to baptism by explaining it a bit more in the contacts we have, it seems you can be fairly bold about saying the truth, especially baptism and you can give it so obviously and people just don´t care most the time. I am sure Nephi felt similar 7 And now I, Nephi, cannot say more; the Spirit stoppeth mine utterance, and I am left to mourn because of the unbelief, and the wickedness, and the ignorance, and the stiffneckedness of men; for they will not search knowledge, nor understand great knowledge, when it is given unto them in plainness, even as plain as word can be. I am sure the Lord feels similarly as well 3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.
4 Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.
. The Lord is always inviting us to learn more and when we reject Him some times we think we are helping ourselves. It is as clear as building your light up or losing the light you have. It is interesting that when things get explained very directly they can still be misunderstood. I shared that part of 2 Nefi 32 with someone yesterday that did not feel like reading the scriptures, I think if he would just listen to the Spirit as he read mabye one verse he might want to read a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment