Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Blog:
This week was amazing! Virginia had her baptism! She was so happy. It has been so cool to see her progress and change to make it for that day. She will be a big influence in God's hands now. The way we actually found her was through a less-active women. She gave us a napkin with a name and address written on it and said, "hey this is my friend. Y'all need to go see her." about 7 weeks later she is baptized. Virginia said, "I'm going to get Delightra (the less-active) coming back now." It's funny how God works haha. 
So I sent y'all that picture of that orange kool-aid rice. Ya that wasn't very good so I wouldn't try it. I think we'll stick to normal rice and roman. 
We had this cool experience the other day. We had been studying about family history work for the training program for Elder Theis and did a little online program to train him on it. Some of it we really liked but we weren't too intent on using it as much as we should have been in our work but God showed us how it really does work that same day. We went out after that and tried to talk to a couple people about family history and gave them a card for the website. We next went to an apartment that we thought was the right one but it wasn't but this lady answered. After we started talking we mentioned that we were from Utah and she said, "oh I do genealogy with a friend in Utah!" we were really surprised haha but we talked a bit about family history work and mentioned the church's website and she said, "Ya I love your church for that site! It's great!" so we set a return appointment. Her name is Valerie and she's one of the nicest, most personable people I think I've ever met! We also had a great lesson with this lady named Becky. She's getting baptized on the 14th of September. She loves the lessons. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she said, "wow, I even payed attention all through Lutheran school and I never learned this! I don't know how I missed it!" Me and Elder Theis looked at each other and had to smile haha. She really loved it. It's great having such a full knowledge of God's plan and the Gospel because of the Restoration of the Gospel and Living Prophets and leaders for modern revelation. I love it. Well I love y'all. Oh and we went to the temple today and I loved it. It's such a good place. Y'all have a good week!
Elder Russell
So this one lady we ate with made chicken and rice that was really good and I asked how she made it and she said that she cooked the rice in orange juice. We tried it but we didn't have orange juice...only this koolaid stuff, but it was orange flavored. Then we cooked up some chicken and peppers to go with it..and ....


VIRGINIA'S BAPTISM! it was so good. Brother Davis is the one who baptized her. I love him. He is so awesome. I'll have to tell y'all about his reactivation process, he has an amazing change that he went through. Him and his family were huge in helping Virginia feel the necessary love and support for her to prepare for baptism. She is so solid.
Elder Theis and I managed to build a time machine and we traveled 6 months in the future and saw me and evidently I was doing a pull up and so we took a picture. We also got a pull-up bar so I guess we're going to be using it a lot in the next little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment