Monday, December 16, 2019

focus on what you have

Hi mom! We had a good week this last week, I'm so happy to hear about A baby, what's her name? That's wonderful to hear about h blessing. Families are so special and wonderful, especially when priesthood power and revelation are involved. I'm excited to see the future for this family. You are making such an influence on the lives of people around you through the gospel. Thanks for your counsel mom. I've found that as soon as i just start giving all credit to the Lord, more success and spiritual experiences happen. This past week we were on our way to a lesson with a member who had been alittle inactive. We passed a old man and a girl in a wheel chair. I felt that i should talk to them but kept biking but then the spirit said to turn around and so we went back. We started talking to the old man and everyone calls him "oppa" i noticed the girl in the wheel chair had a beautiful light with her, but she seemed sad. While we talked to oppa, the less active walked up and started testifying of the book of mormon with us and talked about how the girl in the wheel chair would have been a happy beautiful girl but because of her mom, she had ruined her hands and feet when she was little. I sat down next to the girl and talked to her while my comp talked to oppa. I said Hi! Im elder seffker! She said her name was rochel. I asked her what she liked to do for fun and she said she couldn't write, and so i said okay, well i can write/draw for you! She told me to draw a flower, and some more things. She said that she was 21 and that she liked listening to music and flowers. I made her laugh really hard acouple times (im a comedic genius i guess 💁‍♂️ haha) i asked her if there was anything we could do for her and she said she wanted to walk (i think she has constantly been told that because of her mom she can't do anything/be happy) the spirit told me to tell her that she should stop focusing on what she can't do, and focus on what she can do. I asked can you see? Yes. Can you hear? Yes. Can you be happy? Yeah. Can you be sad? Yes sometimes i get made and sad. That means you have a heart that works, you can feel. I told her that she had a beautiful smile. And i promised her, that one day she would walk, and then run, and then dance. And its through Jesus Christ. Discipleship is not having a bunch if baptisms. Discipleship is doing what the Savior would do and following the Spirit. Our goal should not be trying to build ourselves up and get credit. Our goal should be helping people feel the glory and love of God. He is great. He is merciful. His plan is perfect and all that is unfair is made right through Christ and the atonement. I love you mom
-love Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment