Tuesday, October 6, 2015

 I liked the General Conference  one thing I liked is how it wasnt overly general it seemed like they made it specifically for all, to me they said some things I can use to improve, one thing that really caught my attention was when they talked about obedience and part of it is attitude, it isnt enough to be a robot, life is a test but the biggest part to pass might be did you love me? well yes or no, we will be judged according to our works and the desires of our hearts, for me personally I am working on that, obeying yes but with a happy heart. 

so this week was cool, we found a lady and she has been passing some challenges but the Lord is looking out for her, -example she lives right by a member and although the member had not given us the reference ha the lady just started talking to us as we left the members house one day, she said hey what do I have to do to join your Church, well uhhhh then we went to here house later and taught her and she came to conference yeah also another cool little investigator that my companion has been teaching was able to attend with her family and the conference yes, we watched it in HD on a plasma screen in our apartment, just kidding no it took us like fourty minitues to hook up internet and all these confusing computer cords and stuff to get it running good but anyhow it was a good spiritual time for us and those that heard. The conference has helped me a lot, it was really awesome to hear some solid true and the Spirit was there.  


 well this week was a really good week.I feel like one of the reasons I am here is to value the good. I learned some new things. one thing I liked about the General Conference is how they talked about self improvement and initiative, it has helped me look for guidance from the Spirit a bit more and I have founds some things I need to improve that I never knew, I think on of the conference talks that called my attention most would have to be the one by Elder D Todd Christoferson, just a really cool theme, really but even better than that something interesting happened during the prayer before, there was a big pause as we just sat there in prayer formation waiting and I started to meditate, which can be considered a form of prayer, I started thinking about a time on my mission when I started doubting certain parts of my testimony which I can never remember a part of my life when my faith was so low yet I remembered when things were better, seemingly more easy to have faith and how when I was like 13ish I prayed with a lot of faith not knowing a lot about the Church but choosing to believe and seeing so many cool things later which had brought me to what I had said in the mtc that I know the Church is true and I was sure then as I am now, all thanks to that desire in my heart that led me to pray, gaining my testimony of the Church here in the mission was hard yet incredibly simple and I although only lost my testimony of the Church for a long hour it was hard to learn how to exercise faith all over again for some reason it taught me to value the things I know even more and become much more converted, anyway there I was sitting in the prayer just meditating on that, something that woke me up was when Elder Jensen said ´´your testimony was so good in the ccm Elder Seffker´´ and now I can say it is better, I do know, and I feel better, I have grown a lot here in the mission. then the pause stopped in the prayer and the person praying said something like ´´we thank thee for our religion which can exist because we can have prayer. then D Todd Christoferson talked about the Church and how it is an organization that allows us to follow Christ, with the Priesthood, it was really cool.



 Once in a while Nate has time to doodle...wow to be able to draw like that!






Shoes ready to be shined up for tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment