Monday, March 9, 2015

Lord will support me

Well this week went good,  the letters you sent were pretty cool, I loved hearing some of your experiences and they inspired me to be better, thanks also for sharing the dreams you had, those that shared at least. the time here goes so fast I don't know how it could go faster. . we had a really cool thing happen for us, there was a person that we had a lesson with, that we are still not sure if she is less active or an old investigator, she came to church! when we had the lesson with her it was really in my opinion a regular lesson except for one special part.... when I pretty much asked her if she has the faith to be baptized. she said yes!!! the thing for why it meant so much to me is because I could feel the Spirit guide my words. As I finally opened my mouth, just about two days earlier my buddy, one of the assistants challenged me to challenge at least 7 people a week to a baptism, or more simply 1 everyday. So far now nearly a week later I have seen the Lord send me 1 person everyday that could use the challenge, and that to me is a huge blessing, especially in this lesson as I learned the Lord will support me in the invite. So if you were wondering the assistants came in a division or I think it is called a interchange or something in English. You might be more familiar with that word. They decided to come, and when they called to tell us they were coming I felt a bit down because they have already come to our area and the reason they came is likely because there hasn't been to much success in the area. but later when they were there I had a feeling that the Lord had sent them and so I tried to just learn more humbly. They have some pretty wise counsel, I feel like it was a really good thing. any way I was talking about a sister that showed up at Church and we were surprised, Usually when people say oh yeah I am going to Church this time, they don't show. she told us she probably had to work but she showed up and a member must have brought her. it was all so simple, and so now after she has come to church some members are telling us that she is a member, she thinks that she is not, and we figured out she is Daniel´s aunt and he said she is a member to. sort of interesting but at least she is progressing. Also there is this really cool kid named Humberto well I guess he is a year older than me but he wants to be baptized so we will be working with him to gain a strong testimony and we set a date, there are some other people we think can set a date soon too. 

so in Church I really felt the Spirit as we sang ´´O mi Padre´´ That song is super great, actually I am not going to try to describe it too much but the Lord is really there, and the Spirit will testify of Him as you seek Him. I also know, that Jesus Christ is real, the atonement actually happened, I feel cleaner when I use the Sacrament properly and I feel more calm and the Spirit. If people just felt the way I did when I sang the hymn or took the Sacrament, they would understand better the Atonement, the love of God and the purpose of life, if people prayed with more intent they would understand the same thing too. That day went good for me because I had consciously in my head better things as they really are. The Spirit is what testifies of truth!!!
I know that if we pray to know the Church is true the Lord will always tell us in His own way. We always tell people that that way is the Holy Ghost, and certainly that is a guarantee, the Spirit will help you to know the truth, but you have to have faith and a sincere heart and sincere intent to really know and to follow, those who choose to follow choose to obey all and really become like Jesus Christ, well at least they should. well love you

No comments:

Post a Comment