Monday, July 8, 2013

everyone's so happy and nice

Hey so I got my new companion this last week on Wednesday. His name is Elder Howard. He's from Virginia. I feel bad, he got sick the first couple days of his mission here with food poisoning. But he got better pretty quickly. Our 4th of July was pretty fun. We helped make breakfast at a ward activity and then we also went to a BBQ with some people in the ward with one of our investigators (Hilario). On Saturday we taught a guy named Pengfei who's from China. He's really smart. He came to church with us on Sunday and said everyone's so happy and nice. I was glad he noticed! The weather hasn't changed too much, it's still around 100 everyday or a little less. It's raining today. This week we've been working a LOT more with the members of the ward. Elder Howard is actually a convert; he was baptized three years ago. He was referred to the church through a friend of his. A lot of emphasis has been put on member-missionary work so that's why we've been trying to stress it more in our work. I think we're going to see a lot of success from it. I've been studying a lot in 2 Peter 1:3-7, which lists some Christ-like attributes. The main one I've been trying to work on is Charity. I've learned a lot about it. Anyway, I'm about outta time. Thanks for the email.
Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment