Monday, May 20, 2013

"does the God still love everyone of us even if they're like me and sometimes have doubt?"


 This is for you mom. as I was reading president Boyd K Packer's talk from conference this morning I came upon this part I really liked when I heard it the first time, "I have come to know that faith is a real power, not just an expression of belief. There are few things more powerful than the faithful prayers of a righteous mother."
Love ya
Oh and here's a treat for y'all:
Plan Of Salvation
Job 38:4-7
Proverbs 8:22-31
Jeremiah 1:5
D&C 138:55-56
Abraham 3:22-28
2 Nephi 2:17-25
D&C 29:39-40
2 Nephi 2:11
2 Nephi 2:27
D&C 29:41-42
Alma 42:14, 9, 16-22, 15
Alma 34:9-14
Mosiah 3:7
D&C 19:15-19
2 Nephi 9:21-23
D&C 29:43
Alma 42:23-26, 30, 13
Articles of Faith 1:3
D&C 15:4-6
Alma 40:11-14
D&C 88:14-18
D&C 76:111
1 Corinthians 15:16-22, 29
1 Peter 3:18-19
1 Corinthians 15:39-44
D&C 72:4
John 10:34-35
Psalms 62:7
2 Nephi 33:6
 
This is how I would teach the Plan of Salvation only using scriptures, it's not perfect but there are some awesome scriptures in there that help me to understand better.

So I just dropped off Elder B Brown at the Mission Home. Crazy! We've only been companions 2 transfers (around 3 months) but we've become pretty good friends. It was really weird seeing a missionary end their mission. He was really weirded out too haha. Right now I'm on exchange with another missionary named Elder Davis until Wednesday (transfer meetings) which is when I will find out who my new companion(s) is/are.
Anyway, last week was good.
On Tuesday I got to go to the Houston Temple like I think I mentioned in my last email. Thursday I was on exchange in the Spanish area. It was pretty fun. We got to help a Less active member set up for a wedding. I tried to learn a little spanish but it didn't work very well haha. On Friday we had a lesson with a recently baptized women and her husband. They are awesome people. She has some pretty amazing experiences she has shared that have happened with her conversion. Her story is amazing. It's just so good to see when people sincerely read and pray. The gospel will make you happier and will change you for the better if you sincerely desire it. When you have a desire to grow, you act on it by reading nd praying and all the other good stuff. It's so rewarding seeing people do this and have that change of heart like it talks about in mosiah 27. On saturday we had a lesson with Pengfei. We were able to share a great message with him and all of us felt the Spirit. We read a lot in Alma 32 and talked about faith and how it grows like a seed. He really liked it. He asked us an interesting question at the end of the lesson. It was, "does the God still love everyone of us even if they're like me and sometimes have doubt?" If we cannot believe at first, we only have to desire to believe and that desire will grow into a believe and grow stronger and stronger. "But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words" (alma 32:27) "That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light, and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day" (Doctrine and Covenants 50:24). On Sunday we got to go to a Devotional where recently converted members shared their conversion experiences. It was really good.
Well, I love you guys, have an awesome week.
-Elder Russell

Hey,
Ya we haven't had that crazy weather. It's been pretty normal here. The other day it broke 100 ...and that was really hot here with the humidity... That'll be hard getting used to haha.
Happy birthday to Becca and Addi! Chuck-E-chesse huh? We haven't gone there in a while. Do they have any changes they've made with the place or those robots of chucky and the gang jammin out? (who's your favorite opossum?)
---Ok. Brief intermission. I have to go drop off my companion at the mission office and I'll finish this message later today. Adios for now

No comments:

Post a Comment