Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The conference went awesome. I had the opportunity to translate

Mauri O kaain te utu!!!!
Everything has been good this week! It's been pretty cool. We've had
mission tour coming up so we've had elders coming in from the outer
islands. Us 8 packed in our house. They came in from Tab North. That's
where I worked as my second area. It was cool to be able to see those
elders and catch up about how everyone is doing in tab north. Sounds
like everything has been doing pretty good up there. The branch
presidents are doing great. The work is going good. The ward members
are doing great.
SO we had stake conference this week. It was pretty awesome. We had
the temple president, his wife, and the area seventy come. They came
from fiji and tahiti. The conference went awesome. I had the
opportunity to translate. It was pretty awesome. It's a bit of a
challenge cause you want to listen to yourself to see how your english
sentences are going but you can't or you'll miss what's being said in
kiribati. You kind of just have to focus really hard on the gilbertese
being spoken and then you just say what they're saying in english but
you can't say it too loud or you won't be able to hear what's being
said in kiribati. All in all it was a success I'd say. It was pretty
awesome. I'm sure I'll get better at it even with practise. It kind of
takes a different mindset, you can't think about it too much. Any way,
we wore the headset and translated for senior couples who had
earphones. We don't get much opportunity to do it, so it was cool to
be able to do it.
So I'm transfering to the area jsut west of me, still in the same
ward. SO that's awesome. I get to meet the other half of the ward.
We've heard some really good talks and stuff and examples of
ministering. I'm pretty excited to be able to serve in our awesome
area. Exspecially cause my new companion is way awesome as well. We're
pretty similar. he reminds me a lot of myself when I first came. He's
also seems wayyyyy willing to just work as hard as he can and be the
best missionary he can, so I'm really excited for that as well. His
name is elder G. He also is with the marines. He's on an 8 year
contract with the marines or something like that. However he explain
that a generel authority talk about how not to define yourself as
anything, a marine, whatever, but as a child of God. Which is a really
good lesson. It's way true. We're all children of God. And we need to
make sure that's what really defines us. Cause having that kind of
perspective is a more eternal perspective.
We've had some really good lessons this week and stuff going on. Heard
some good stories, testimonies. I'm gonna be sending some more
pictures as well. I'll share the folder with you. Well thanks again
for everything! Love you mom! Love you family! You guys are all
looking way sharp in the pictures! Congratulations emmie on being
baptized! The Holy Ghost is the greatest gift in this life! Your
definitely blessed to be able to have it's companionship as you strive
to be worthy throughout your life. It will help you with everything
and will strengthen you everyday as you follow Jesus Christ!
Well, love you all! - ELder SEffker

No comments:

Post a Comment