Friday, October 7, 2016

Throwing all worldly things away...literally!

So after a long summer of trips, camps, and working in Oakland Jared put all worldly things away for the Lord...literally "threw all worldly things away!" Enjoy his first letter!

Hey... how's it goin?... ;) jk, it's weird that I'm actually on my mission, cause it doesn't feel way different.. I feel like I've been getting shipped around all summer, so it's not that weird to be away from home ;) any way, there's a very strong spirit here at the MTC, it's pretty cool! It kind of feels like the temple. My companions (I have two, I'm in a trio) are very ambitious, and competitive in a good way. I believe that the companionships here are indeed inspired of the Lord ;) I never knew how much it would help, but I know now, that familiarizing yourself with language study before your mission gives you a huge head start, in stress management, and in language learning methods! Alright, I just want to end with my testimony... I believe that the spirit does speak to us. When I feel the spirit, it's a feeling of peace, and of God's love. I believe that God loves us, it's a message that really speaks to me! I believe that we need to be continually improving in the commandments, and that as we do so, God will bless us with His spirit. N aran Iesu Kristo, Amen.

P.S. Haha, oh yeah, I bet you're wondering about my phone ;) so yeah, I forgot it was in my pocket and brought it here. I was going to mail it back, but I kind of figured it was just a cheap phone any way. So feel free to take $40 dollars out of my account to pay for it, but I throwed it away c: (I can totally see Dad's reaction right now)

Love you all!
 Last dinner with Jared...Elder Seffker for a while!  Party makes a "goodbye" a little easier!




 At the MTC drop-off in Provo. He'll be here just for a short time then off he goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment