Monday, September 30, 2019

Rhythm to Life

there was a baptism for the other elders investigator this week, and so we brought f, I think he really liked it. we sat in a lesson with him and asked him if he wanted to be baptized and he said yeah, it'll be good. I'm leaving my area after being here for 24 weeks, so now I'm going down to south zone, where it's pretty ghetto, should be some fun stuff. My new comp is E. M, and he's pretty cool. anyway in my studies this week I've been able to read alot more, because of having technology. here were some cool quotes from my studies this week:
"It is so easy to be confrontive without being informative; indignant without being intelligent; impulsive without being insightful! It is so easy to command others when we are not in control of ourselves. 
We should savor even the seemingly ordinary times, for life cannot be made up of all kettledrums and crashing cymbals. There must be some flutes and violins. Living cannot be all crescendo; there must be some counterpoint.
Clearly, without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less. The pressures of now, time and time again, go against the grain of the gospel with its eternalism.
Patience is, therefore, clearly not fatalistic, shoulder-shrugging resignation; it is accepting a divine rhythm to life; it is obedience prolonged. Patience stoutly resists pulling up the daisies to see how the roots are doing! "
-NEAL A. MAXWELL

anyway, I like how he says "Patience is...... accepting a divine rhythm to life" we can't constantly be having the most exciting things happening. anyway short email for this week but that's that 
LOBI!!









No comments:

Post a Comment