Monday, June 25, 2018

Definitely learned a lot, grown a lot

Well, this week has been pretty good. Definitely learned a lot, grown
a lot. I've learned how great studies can be. It's hard at times to
get in a good study in just one hour. That's how I was at home. If it
wasn't at least like 2 hours it wasn't really an actual study. But,
study is important cause if you study, you'll know what to do as a
missionary, and it will be easier to do, and funner. My comp. was sick
so I got like a 6 hour personal study on like Thursday or something.
Any way, we've got this elder living in our house who just came in
from an outer island. His name is Elder S. He's got some
pretty good stories haha, about different investigators and also just
like things he's heard and read in books. He's got like a full 2 pages
of really small print handwritten scripture references that support
the different doctrines in this church. and answers to different
questions that some people have.
He's a really experienced missionary. And really hard working. He
originally worked in the Ms but then came here after 8 months.
and has been here since. His time ends in one month.
I got news that I'm transfering. It's so crazy how the time flies, I
felt like I was just emailing you guys about how I just got here. It's
sad to leave a bit, but I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to
work here. I've learned so much and grown so much. Legit. It's been
such a blessing. Some days it's been hard, yet I've been blessed with
so much joy as I've served the people here. There are some really cool
members of the church here. It feels short, but looking back, so much
has changed and I'm grateful for the opportunities I've been given and
also for the major growth I've had.
Church was good this week. There was also a fireside after ward.
Sisters put it on. They're way awesome. There was a great show, like
over 100 people. I had the opportunity to speak. As well as another
missionary. haha, his name is Elder S, he also just randomly
volunteered to sing a solo. I don't think he's ever sang a solo before
in front of any group of people let alone over 100. Haha, I was
talking to him before the thing, I'm like "you're singing a solo eh?"
He talked about how he was trying to build up his courage before he
sang. maybe he didn't anticipate 100 people coming, haha jk. He's a
really willing Elder. nonetheless, he did a really good job. I was
pretty amazed. It was definitely a blessing from willingness.
The work is going great in B, in B 2 Ai was baptized,
his 8 year old son K was as well. Elder S also had a couple
who got baptized, ka and A in B 1. The work is going
great here, we've seen tons of blessings, even amidst trials.
Well, thanks for all you do! Love you mom! Also, happy birthday to
all this month. Anyway, love
you all! Bye! - Elder SEffker

No comments:

Post a Comment