Tuesday, June 19, 2018

as faithful as ever

Hey mom! and family! Wow that's so cool to hear about Scott! Wow, I
hope he does good! That'll be cool cause he's got a phone you guys'll
be able to keep in touch. I hope you enjoy all the pictures I sent!
I'll try to take even more. So, the couple there is Eena and
Tebwebweia that I've been talking about for a while. That's Elder Gila
my comp. as well. The little baby is some lady in our ward's baby
that's really cute. The resturant looking picture is a dinner we had
with members, we went to a resturant, it reminded me of the times we
used to eat at resturants cause they also have a fairly big family,
fun times!!!
Well, this week was good, thanks btw for the packages and letters,
they're really fun to read, thanks as well for all the money, it's
really useful because then I can buy stuff that I can take home like
lavalava's, shirts, and woven kiribati goods. Yeah, thanks again for
everything! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the letters! Yeah I'm totally
proud of Scott, and everyone, that's cool Scott got to be ordained as
an Elder. If you prepare yourself, the Lord will give you a witness by
the Spirit that the ordinances are His as you receive them, it's
really cool, we've seen that a lot as well on the mission as people
have received ordinances such as baptism. i read it as well in a book
teachings of the prophets one of them, how as we're baptized the Lord
will show us that it really is His will through His Spirit. Nice
pictures by the way. Man everyone looks wayyyy sharp. Legit. Well,
looks like everyone is changing little by little, it's cool, even mom
and dad. Cool cool. Hi dad! have fun driving. Haha, btw I got your
guys recent letter, so Becca asked which books I would reccommend to
her.... well, I personally enjoyed novels written in the 1800's and
early 1900's just because authors of that era seem to chose their
words more carefully which is a style that appeals to me. But, find
books that you like. I liked neverending story. Withering Heights was
alright, I just didn't finish it. Pride and Prejudice. Some random
book I found on Google library: a romance of dots and dashes, or
something like that (it's about a lady who meets a guy using the
telegram thing or something like that). At your age I enjoyed,
honestly I really wasn't reading that much at your age, but percy
jackson, fable haven, harry potter, they're all good! You talked a bit
about Mr. W mom! Yeah he was a really awesome teacher! Yeah
he was really funny, really good english teacher, I really enjoyed his
class. He was cool, his class was really enjoyable because he pushed
us to do good, but he didn't push us too hard, and he also made class
and assignments really interesting and useful. His class is the one I
presented the rubik's cube video in, it was our project. If I could
give any advice to Scott I'd say try to contact a missionary serving
in Surinam, an RM would be best that he could talk to, but emailing a
missionary works as well. Unless he already has a good idea of what
the mission is like.
Well, this week has been pretty good! We got to see E and
T baptized! It's so cool, sometimes there are stresses in
preparing for the service, and the interviews and stuff, but I've
noticed that everything generally goes surprisingly smoothly which has
shown me that this really is His work and that He really does want
these people to be baptized whom He's been watching and helping every
step of their lives. Their baptism went well, there were a few things
that happened that we didn't plan for but all in all everything worked
out, and it turned out to be a great baptism. There was a good show of
people, and there were people who gave talks and everything.
Bo has gone through some hard times but it turns out it all worked
out for his good. He came to church again this week and is as faithful
as ever. Now they're just gonna get married and we'll give them a
baptismal date and stuff.
Well, thanks again for all the prayers! They're so helpful! I pray for
you guys as well! Hope everyone is good and stuff! Well love you
all!!! Thanks for everything mom! love you! - ELder SEffker





No comments:

Post a Comment