Monday, January 8, 2018

drowning in work

So, yeah, man that sounds like some fun Sunday activities! Nice goals.
Those are way good. Seriously you're an awesome example of member
missionary work. And it's so true that the referral is always better
than tracting, pretty much always. I'd say probably one of the best
ways to prepare to become a missionary is to be a member missionary.
yeah some of my goals are to try to hand out more pamphlets on the
buses here when I travel. because yeah it's kind of hard to have like
a really long developed conversation on the generally short and
uncomfortable bus rides. But I figure that the best way to really show
love and help them progress to learning about the church is maybe to
just have a goal that whoever I sit by I'll try to have a little, real
conversation and then what ever gospel principle the conversation
tends toward I can give them a pamphlet and then maybe a mini
explanation of how the pamphlet is relative to their life and mine and
I can bear a short genuine testimony of how the principle explained
could help them and how it's helped me. And yeah then I'll just see
how far it goes. If they're willing to read it, if they're willing
that we give their names and cities to the Elders that are there. Any
way, yeah that's kind of one of mine. I'm also trying to apply PMG
more to my life here. I'm trying to learn at least 1 thing everyday
maybe out of PMG or a general conference talk that I can apply
throughout the day, and that I'll actually do and use and that I'm not
already doing. Right now we've got a few recent converts in our branch
and we did the math that even the few times we plan on visiting them
all each week would equate still to like 15 lessons a week just with
recent converts. PMG says to try to use recent converts for member
presents in lessons. So that's kind of our goal. To just combine as
many of the recent convert lessons as we can with investigators
lessons.
Anyway, this week has been awesome, we've been way blessed this week
that the baptism went through. There were many disappointments, but at
least three things worked out. All the baptizees came to church the
week before, they all passed their interviews, and they all got
baptized (and got the Holy Ghost at church the day after). Any way,
yeah we definitely saw lots of miracles this week. It's so nice to be
busy, we're literally like drowning in work. They had 4 Elders here,
and then they went to just us two last transfer. So we took all the
investigators of the entire area. Any way, yeah Elder B my
companion loves to plan, kind of like me, he's probably actually
better haha, so things have been really good that way, that's made
things a bit smoother.
Any ways, thank you all for the prayers. We've seen so many blessings,
even amidst some trials. There was this one specific miracle that me
and Elder B saw: all the people getting baptized were
getting dressed. This one girl comes up to us and says "that one
ladies outfit is way tight". "how tight?" we say.. see respondes, yeah
it was really too tight to be of use. Well, there really wasn't any
other way that we could've got baptismal clothes for her at that time.
Maybe simply to call zone leaders and wait for them to be free and
bring us clothes from 30 minutes car west. Not much time elapsed as we
kind of just wandered around thinking. We open up a random closet,
there are books, etc. On one shelf there's a bundle of white. We check
it out, it's a womens XXL baptismal outfit. All of us Elders were kind
of just in awe. Heavenly Father is so good, as mom always says. It was
a really special experience. I'm so grateful for Heavenly Father's
tender mercies toward us. It's all by grace. Well, yeah, prayer is
definitely real, I've definitely said tons of prayers this week, and
I'm sure my comp and other Elders and also you guys have been praying
for the cause of missionary work. His cause continues to move forward
because He's behind it.
Well, those aren't the only blessings we've seen this week, but I
don't have too much time to write any more. Tons of blessings in the
work, blessings to our investigators, blessings I've received
personally, etc.
Well, yeah, hope you guys all have a good week! Happy new years!!  Any way, ti a bo!!!! Love ya
all!! - ELder Seffker

No comments:

Post a Comment