Monday, March 11, 2013

I love being able to exercise my Priesthood, it's a great blessing


Hey, good to hear everthing's going good! I think that'd be great for
dad to get into something like that. He's definetly got the skills for
it. And I don't know anyone better than you that could replace Gary
mom. That would be an awesome experience, go for it. I loved the
package with cornbread and stuff, thank you so much. I ate it in one
night I think. We get fed around 2 or 3 times a week for dinner. My
most popular meal is still roman and pb&j's (I can't get enough of
that stuff). But don't worry, that's not all I eat, I actually bought
a bag of broccoli at the store today. Congrats to Nate! That's a good
way to learn how to work hard and be dedicated by doing paper routes,
that'd be really good for him. I'm glad you guys got to have a good
day and play some dodgeball, if I miss anything it's being with you
guys doing stuff like that, but I'm so glad to be out hear. I've had a
great week. I did get to play the piano, on P-days we go to the church
and I got to play on the one there. And at the church we played a huge
game of Scatter-ball (or Poison/dodgeball) with two balls at a time,
it's way fun! We've had some really good appointments with some people
we're teaching. Haha, there was one guy that made me laugh, his name
was Richawn. We planned on teaching him the restoration in his
apartment and unexpectedly got to hear how Jesus is an anti-gram and a
galactic being from crozar (which of course is the 7th planet from the
sun) and that there are super-bugs in meat that infect your body when
you eat it, and also that we will turn into monkeys with tails if we
eat meat that is from a lower chromozome than ours... haha he reminded
me of Mike Chicorache off of the movie stalking santa. So that was
pretty interesting, we bore our testimonies to him and went to our
next appointment. I don't know if you guys know this, but the
Bretheren have told missionaries to start doing less tracting and get
all of our appointments through refferals, which is what we do.
Everyone we teach is either from a Refferal or someone we meet on the
way to a refferal. We get refferals when members refer people to us or
a missionary meets someone outside of their area in ours. We ask
everyone for refferals. We were also told by Elder Ballard that we
should teach the members the missionary disscusions and see if they
know anyone that they think can hear the Gospel. Make sure you guys
are all thinking of everyone and anyone that could use the Gospel in
their lives and talk to them about the Gospel or refer them to the
missionaries! The stronger my testimony has become of this work, the
more i've wanted to share it and the more I realize how urgent this
message is. Everyone needs to hear it! We don't realize how lucky we
are to have it! ...anyways, We also give a lot of Priesthood
blessings, the largest or second largest medical center in the world
(the Texas medical center) is in our area so we get a lot of calls to
give members and non-members blessings, I love being able to exercise
my Priesthood, it's a great blessing. Oh and this is a little random
but we've been listening to a really cool CD in our car, it's called
"They saw our Day" i think it's by lance richards or something like
that. It's a guy that did a lot of research with the native americans
and he tells about some amazing similarites with their stories they've
passed down with the Book of Mormon, it's almost scary. Oh and another
fun thing about this week was we went to visit our friends who are
Refugees from south sudan, they're such good people. They just bought
new smart phones and didn't know how to use them at all. So we spent
an hour teaching them how to answer and call and put in contacts and
choose ringtones, then shared our message with them. They are so fun
to be with. I've witnessed some great miracles this week, small and
great, I've grown closer to God and gained more love for him and for
everyone else. I have gained a lot of appreciation for the Atonement.
I spend most of my time studying Faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy
Ghost, and enduring to the end. These have helped my testimony so much
and I know they will help anyone else's, that's why they're the first
princibles and ordinances of the Gospel.
Breaking News------- Anyone can email me now, the mission pres. just
decided, so Mom could you please post my Email on the blog and make
sure everyone knows? thanks so much! I don't have hardly anyone's
address and I have no one's email so If you email me first I will
email you back. Also, I Love getting letters, so if you have time to,
keep sending them! they're always really exciting to get! Thanks
everyone, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment