Saturday, February 23, 2013

Zone Leader, It's made life even busier but it's a great experience










Thanks for all the letters and packages from everyone! My companions and I all enjoy the extra food. I have had a crazy busy week. The days all kinda mesh together but it's been amazing! I loved studying and learning about the Gospel before, but I've gained a greater love for it now. I learn so much, we have amazing teachers here. One of my teachers yesterday was Brother Christianson, he's the blond guy from that show "the District." 
    So whats new with me this week?
First, on Sunday, me and my companion were called as Zone Leaders, It's made life even busier but it's a great experience, I've learned so much from my Branch and especially the Branch Pres. and councelors. We have great leaders in our Districts, I've become closer to them and made some great friendships.
My companion and the guys I share a room with have gotten pretty close, when guys are together alone sometimes we get a little weird as you'll see in some of the below pictures. Elder Clark kept getting bloody noses so he got a humidifier, for some reason our room is kinda dry so we sniff the mist a lot. There have been some amazing days in the past week, but i'll be honest, there have been some that have been very tiring and hard to get through. Yesterday was our In-Field orientation, I learned so much, but it was the longest day of my life. One thing I noticed is that some people have a harder time with the long personal study hours we have, I love them, but make sure anyone preparing for a mission is used to having long studying hours. I don't mean to sound negative, it's been an amazing week. 
The food is still amazing. Most of my friends in my district are starting to complain about having to much "cafeteria food," but it sure beats roman and pb&js so I can't complain.
So I don't know if i told you guys already but I figured out I leave the 26th (tue.) in the morning.
We learned something very important yesterday, Members of the church can do soooo much missionary work! Never ever be ashamed to share the gospel with your closest friends in your life.
Oh and i forgot, I do have one complaint about the food here, my comp and I had what we thought was lasagna the other day.... (don't eat lasagna if it has melted white cheese and grass sprinkled over it...)
But it's been great! I love it here. Keep up your reading and praying! The Gospel is amazing and changes lives! God loves each and every one of you, and so do I. Good luck with everything!
Oh and i guess you can send me letters through dearelder.com, check it out.. see ya

No comments:

Post a Comment