Sunday, February 17, 2013

MTC as 20% EFY, 10 % Scout Camp, and 70% Amazing spiritual experience


Howdy, Today is my P-day, It's a pretty busy day considering it being our "day off." But The MTC has been amazing. I have really learned so much. I've felt the spirit more here than any time in my life. Picture being in an atmosphere where you, and those around you, are all striving to live the best you can to have the Spirit with you constantly. The Spirit has taught me, and let me understand things that can't be taught by words. I would describe the MTC as 20% EFY, 10 % Scout Camp, and 70% Amazing spiritual experience.
    My companion is awesome, his name is Elder Cameron Johnson. If we went to school together we would have been friends so I definetly get along with him. We can and do talk about any spiritual impressions we have and I learn so much from him. Having a companionship really is inspired of the Lord, both he and I have learned more than we ever could on our own just from our difference in learning.
   The life here at the MTC is VERY organized, I love it. We have a very organized schedule. We wake up at 6:30 or earlier and have time to get ready and study, then every minute of our day is planned and scheduled until 10:30. I feel more order in my life than I ever have. In my residence there are 2 bunks, 4 Elders--Elder Johnson and I, and Elder Clark (From Pow, Wyoming), and Elder Graff (they are both crazy, we spent our time getting ready this morning while quoting spongebob). It has been very hard to get used to calling everyone "elder," my companion and I always call each other "dude," or "bro" but we're trying hard to get into the habbit of saying "sisters and elders." The food here is amazing, tell dad I don't know what he was talking about of "boring cafeteria food." Every meal we can choose between 3 entrees and we have access to unlimited ice cream bars and cereal (as well as main meal). The only bad part about eating is sometimes our dinners are only 10 minutes long so we have to cram down everything we can pretty fast. At first it was hard to not eat before bed but now me and my comp. have droors full of candy and food (we're taken care of). I'm getting a little more excercise now, (pull-ups and push-ups mainly) we get a little bit of gym time and i'll tell ya, it makes me have a lot more confidence playing basketball with my district the the 8th ward Elders...
  Random things...
  •  Is Nate still sick or is he feeling better?
  • Mom can you tell Jim Stephens thanks for his card, I remembered I forgot to tell him.
  • Mom also, you guys can contact me at my email but no one else, they all have to write letters
  • Oh I guess I'm actually going to Houston the 26th...
  • I would love to get a ton of letters
  • Everyone can have any candy in my room, or my clothes nate and jared can wear.
  • I've only played piano once since I've been here.. it's pretty tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment