Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I, God, have suffered these things for all

well this has been a good week, it was a great week for me to learn about the Atonement, I feel like that is a big blessing. I had an hour of studies where I had some kind of deep thoughts about the Atonement, it really is beyond me what kind of a Sacrifice it was. I love DyC 19
16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;
 17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
 18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—
 19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men.
 20 Wherefore, I command you again to repent, lest I humble you with my almighty power; and that you confess your sins, lest you suffer these punishments of which I have spoken, of which in the smallest, yea, even in the least degree you have tasted at the time I withdrew my Spirit.
Here is a thought that I had, who would I be willing to die for? and for many people such as parents it may be those that they taught the Gospel or shared it with well I was thinking personally about that then I had the thought of what would happen if I died for someone that decided to drop the Gospel, simply because it was to hard, or they didnt want to. there would be no fair reason for anyone to drop the Gospel after someone had died to give it to us right. well the Atonement is what gives us the Gospel and Christ didnt just die but something a whole lot harder than that and some of us think we have the right simply to not live the Gospel in ignorance. I think that is crazy. I have been able to feel Christs love for us more lately. you know we really don't have to suffer all that much. living the Gospel is not to hard and there is nothing happier.  The hard part Christ already did, we just have to do our part
dyc136
27 Thou shalt be diligent in preserving what thou hast, that thou mayest be a wise steward; for it is the free gift of the Lord thy God, and thou art his steward.
 28 If thou art merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving.
 29 If thou art sorrowful, call on the Lord thy God with supplication, that your souls may be joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment