Tuesday, March 4, 2014

peaceful and content

man, I've been slacking on the updates. even my journal has been a lot worse lately.
But this week was really great. We've been spending a lot of time with some of the less-actives. I love the people we work with. The members and the people we're around are just awesome. 
I just hope everyone of y'all have a really good week. We have a good reason to be happy. I've noticed as I've tried to read and ponder every chance I get and just fill my life with the scriptures and good thoughts that I've been really

peaceful and content. I love life. And I'm also listening to some cheesy EFY music right now as I'm emailing (we email at the church) and it's making me happy too. 
So here's a good topic/question for y'all to inspire some of your studies this week. 
So first off, all of us that come to this world die physically and spiritually, we are redeemed from physical death by the resurrection and that is a free gift. Why do we receive that gift for free but then we have to work for the other? Or do we get a redemption from spiritual death for free as well? 
also, we know that the second death is a spiritual death (alma 12 and 2 Nephi 9), so then, what is the first death?
That's just some food for thought for y'all. I hope y'all are reading and praying every day. We've gotta do that. it's the best way to live. I love y'all! 
-Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment