Monday, October 14, 2013

Priest. Hood. -Blessing

Hey Fam,
So, Thanks so much for the letters and the packages. I was so happy to
get those! It's so good to hear from you. I almost forgot about
Halloween coming up until you sent that stuff in the package. so, you
said some of the stuff in the package was for Eli, or was that another
package that's coming? I hope you weren't talking about the spider
rings and the fairy-wand/glowstick. I'd rather keep those for myself.
(Just kidding) But thanks, it means a lot.
This week was good as always.
So I don't know if I told you in a letter or an email, but one time I told you about a guy named Bob that hasn't gone to church in a really long time (probably around 20 years or more). He's the one that is a trucker that does canning and dehydrates fruit. He's a really cool guy. We've been meeting with him more frequently and reading the scriptures with him. This Sunday he came to church and sat with us. It was really cool. A huge part in bringing him back has been his roomate--who's also named Bob (but we call him Robert). This room mate of his is a guy who was recentally baptized within the last 2 or 3 years and he's pretty funny. He's one of the biggest rednecks I've ever seen and is one of the most humble people I've met. He rides this little motorized scooter he rigged up to church every Sunday because he doesn't have a car. Every Sunday he shows up and had told us, "i've been trying to get Bob out here but he just aint comin. We'll get'em next Sunday though." The other day we were visiting with Bob and Robert and the Bishop was there with us and Robert said, "Now lemme tell ya Bishop, I'm no testimonial teller, but let me tell ya a story. I one time at work was changing a cleaner--purple industrial--so I stick a hose in the bucket and started to sift it out. So I put my moulth on the hose and I sucked some up and got a moulthfun, den I spit it and started throwin up. I went to da Hospital and they said my asophagos was clos'n up so they wanted to drill somethin. I told'em, 'now wait a minute here doc, I wanna wait a minute till my friends get'er'. Then I called up my buddies and they gave me a Priest. Hood. -Blessing. The doctor then came in and said, 'your asophagos opened back up.' " He's an awesome guy. Now him and Bob are coming to church together. Then later this week on Tuesday I think I already told ya but we went to the Temple. It was great. We were able to participate in a ton of service this week. I think there were 5 projects we did within 3 days. One of them we helped a lady do some gardening at a school; another one we helped put together flyers for a company that fundraises money for MS; another we helped a lady and her neighbor do some gardening; another one we turned the dirt over in some medians (Here in Houston there's a strip of grass and trees inbetween the two lanes of traffic on most rodes and they're called medians), and we put moulch over it after; --I never would have thought that all of that weeding I did at dad's work would have come in handy, doing these projects with the weeds reminded me of the good old days weeding there-- And the last project we did was we voulenteered at a festival thing for a 'national neighborhood night out'. We ran the activities. I was over the fan making booth. We colored pictures of Mulan and glued them to another peice of paper, then put a popsickle stick on the back... it felt like the same stuff we used to do for Youth Council. It was pretty fun. Oh and we also had a general authority come to our mission this week! It was so awesome! His name is Elder Christoffel Golden. He spoke to our mission about quite a few things. He expounded some really interesting doctrines too. It was way cool meeting him. Well Love y'all I gotta get goin. Have a great week. Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment